Wednesday, October 29, 2008

waikoloa.

My last night tonight.

After finishing up work around 10 o'clock tonight, finally I was able to change and head down to the infinity pool now completely deserted and still. Before jumping in, I quick walked around and took some snapshots to help remember this place. Then tossed my goggles in the water and dove in after them.

I'll miss swimming at night under clear skies warm and humid. Palm trees overhead swaying in the winds, the frawns making a calm sound that would help me fall asleep. Lying on my back floating like a scene near the end of Immortal Beloved some music or other in my head. I'll miss the wind. I think now I'll miss the warmth but I'm not totally convinced. I'll miss the sound of the palm trees outside my door, open all night despite the humidity. I'll miss jumping off cliffs into a crystal clear, deep blue Pacific Ocean warm and inviting. There are songs tied forever to these moments.

But I also miss fall and crisp mornings stepping and crunching on leaves and a lot of other things, so I know it will be good to fly back across the Pacific tomorrow. But maybe surprisingly I'll miss something about this place. Maybe because I don't plan on ever coming back. Trying to soak up every last minute before fading to sleep. It's quiet now outside, no wind. Very, very quiet.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Jealous! I need me some warm hot weather, we were going to do Hawaii next year for our anniversary but now I think it'll be Mexico.