Monday, October 19, 2009

idea.

So the way it seems to work is some night late always I stumble over to the Bechstein and blurt out some random idea that comes to me out of nowhere. It is always an enormous idea in my head but translated to two hands on a piano recorded in Logic to hold onto and rework and assemble seems at times to me lame in comparison. But I remember this idea. It is fragmented and torn and there are notes misplayed (many notes misplayed) and mistimed (much of it mistimed) but I do not edit these first attempts at an idea in case something never intended (as in the whole of it the playing completely unintentional) might be erased and better left kept. And always a voice in my head even when the lyrics are not written always trying to rise above the piano and the orchestra and the band everything colliding in my head. Sometimes it seems there is no piano large enough and surely I am not nearly good enough to express it all. I have no idea what I was thinking as I played this. I have no idea if the final song will sound anything like this original idea but I will always have it to remember. I have no idea but am done now.





File linked here if the player does not work.

No comments: