Monday, January 4, 2010

mess in E♭ major.

So this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. At all. I was working on some song I came up with last night and my hand slipped. So I ended up playing a B♮ instead of a B♭. And I discovered the progression to a G♯minor chord from the E♭. And I all of a sudden heard this theme in my head the one that comes in just before the six-minute mark in the linked MP3 the change to the chromatic F♯chord and all and no I cannot believe it took me nearly six minutes to get to it. So in an instant I dropped the song I had been working on to hit RECORD in Logic and just made up apparently fourteen-some-odd minutes of music that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. At all. In the key of E♭ major.




And the linked file is here in case the embedded player does not work in some particular browser. And yes it is apparently over fourteen minutes long so I do not expect anyone to actually listen to it but this is the sort of thing that I hear and think that even an enormous concert grand Bechstein cannot contain for which I can hear a concerto with orchestra in my head and that I randomly came up with one Sunday evening.

No comments: