Tuesday, July 6, 2010

strains of herodotus.







I probably should not post this cos it was thought up and recorded in a day. Sunday morning this simple totally basic pathetic arpeggio in my head so sat down at the Bechstein for a bit. Played. I don't know I liked it totally basic all pathetic. Looped it to itself. Then to some strings. Banged the ending on the piano. Some change to B chromatic then to end on E♭ minor. Quick mastered the 2-track but very rough. As always just an idea. Just an idea that conveys nothing or so I think. If anything this is less messy than the other song I am working on which is totally jumbled and crazy right now in my head. And the dozens of others some enormous cacophony I cannot quiet down. I still hear it looping. I hear a voice singing rising with the music to some total crescendo lyrics scrawled ink in a notebook lying on top of the Bechstein its ebony scratched and worn. I hear the enormous E♭ minor chord. I hear a louder orchestra than Logic or some digital domain can contain. I cannot get this out of my head but must go to sleep. For now.







We gaze beyond the veils
beyond the seas beyond the stars
we seek to find the light
to find the way to hold what is ours
beyond our sorrows beyond our pains
to prove in time our finite loss yields infinite gains
like histories before us we strain

we strain


we strain



we strain




we strain

...








An MP3 file is linked here. Cheers. Goodnight.





No comments: