Tuesday, February 22, 2011

mind-numbing cold showers.




















I totally stole this photo of me towel draped over shoulders miles and miles deep in the backcountry having climbed down to the base of a frigid waterfall to take a shower bivied up above Hidden Lake with views to glaciers and the Cascade Pass peaks flip-flops and shorts sunglasses and ball caps dropping my little tiny container of shampoo in the rocks scrambling to find it to stick my head under mind-numbing cold water but loving it all of it nothing else like it to dry off quick under July North Cascades sun the bugs had gone off by then to go sit on my sleep pad and crack open a book nothing no sound just silence still and perfect and blissful.











I want to take a shower like this again soon ...





No comments: