Sunday, September 30, 2012

ready.





















I am going to miss this. Sheets drying on the line that is. Sun streaming. Slight breeze.



It's weird I know that I miss the rain. We all do here in Seattle. Even the hygienist at the dentist the other day. It's been months really since it's rained. And we all secretly love the rain.



We ... I ... love the sun too. And sheets drying on a clothesline of course. And summer breezes. And wearing canvas shoes sockless jeans cuffed high. Flip flops. Tossing frisbees at the park a few blocks from home. Leaving the windows open all night. It being light until late. Cassiopeia. Andromeda. But we ... I ... miss wearing wool. And scarves. Layers. And blankets. And seeing my breath hang in the air. And holding mugs of coffee or tea wrapped in both hands sipping slowly cos it is too hot to drink quickly. Crunching leaves. Golden. Yellow. Winding down.



*  *  *



Beginning of October tomorrow. Another week forecast of sun. Upper sixties to low seventies. Have not had to fire up my furnace yet. And got to hang my sheets out again on the line today while helping install a roof the perfect weather for it not too hot not too cold and sun to warm the tar. Past September weekends still spent in the mountains.

So I'll take it and not complain too much. For sure.





I'll be ready though for when it first smells like rain and there are grey clouds looming and then it just drizzles or it pours doesn't matter and I can embrace autumn proper and wear a scarf and a layer of wool and hide under a blanket on my front porch watching it all unfold.










No comments: