Monday, December 1, 2008

parthenon crumbling.

I re-figured out a song tonight that I had written a while back (in this case, written meaning came up with in my head, transposed to the piano without ever actually writing any of it out and then promptly forgetting the chord progression while only retaining the key – in this case, B-flat minor). The trick is the change from the inverted B-flat minor to the inverted D-flat major but the whole progression is quite good. In any case, scrawling half-thought-out lyrics except for the line at the end (which I came up with at least a year ago) ~
like granite in time and marble walls I will fall
I will fall
I will fall
I will fall
I will fall for you
Maybe limestone in time .... (and of course that is sung with a rising crescendo as the music gains momentum and dynamics until it nearly literally explodes the piano massive fortissimo arpeggios big fat chords the guitars insatiable chords and arpeggios the bass arpeggios fuzzy and distorted the drums just for lack of a better term insane and the singer above all how he falls over and over and over). And I will continue to work on lyrics tonight.

And I received Logic Pro on my front porch tonight. And I am about the most excited I have been in a very very long time. And there are two manuals each about the size of a phone book. And I will be bringing both of them with me to Phoenix to read on the aeroplane. And my uncle may sell me his dual 1.25GHz mirror drive G4 if anything to use as backup (Logic Pro 7 is coded so that it can actually perform distributed computing and use CPU strength from across a network not to mention it was written for the G4 CPUs though granted trying to do a 64-track mixdown with each channel having a bunch of effects going all at the same time and bouncing that down to stereo might be tough .... ). And once I transfer the contents of my current Quicksilver G4's hard drive onto the new RAID I will set up once it arrives in the next day or two along with maxing out the RAM capacity on the Quicksilver, I will do a clean install of 10.4.11 before installing Logic. And yes this is all quite exciting. And yes I still need a USB MIDI interface and a pair of decent mics. 

No comments: