Wednesday, November 26, 2008

logic pro.

Sweet, thanks to the help of Gixen which sniped this for me while I was away in meetings, I now look forward to receiving and diving into Apple's Logic Pro 7. This is seemingly quite the complex DAW but I am looking forward to the challenge of learning multi-track recording and MIDI sequencing on my Mac. I picked up a v6.0 book at a used bookstore a little over a week ago and am just getting into it. It appears that the power of Logic is quite immense, and the number of incredible instruments is vast. There is a plug-in that replicates a Fender Rhodes (think Portishead's song 'Roads' and I suppose that may not be a coincidence) as well as the just-as-infamous Hammond B3 complete with Leslie. Granted, not the same as the real instruments but will be fun to play with. I miss sitting in front of a ginormous mixing console with a million knobs and faders sculpting soundwaves. Logic Pro will not be the same but this is not the point and for its point I believe it will do nicely. It is massive.

So strike two from the wishlist (strike one was the M-Audio controller I bought a while back). And the third strike will be the M-Audio studio monitors I just ordered and are apparently already shipping via FedEx.

No comments: