Thursday, April 21, 2011

introduction.














This piece I am calling Introduction (Live) is available for streaming and/or download on my reverbnation page (or above right in the widget).




---




Apparently 'introduction' in Latin is - well - 'introduction' (as well as in French, another language I like to use for titling). And to think I was going for something that sounded cool ...

But Latin because of this verse I came up with today -

prope finem
opus est in
tamen illic 'nos tempus

to go along with this completely random idea I worked up today in Logic.

So it takes some imagination I must admit. A theatre (or heck an arena). The lights slam off and the place goes dark. Silence. More silence. Then this loud static. In and out. Joined by a four-part symphonic choir chanting the Latin phrase above. And it builds. More samples. Lots of smoke. MIDI-controlled lights timed with the static and tubular bells slice through it at points strobes fire in sync with it all. Videos flashing also in sync. Of polygons bending and warping and fitting themselves together colliding and rockets lifting off and photos of galaxies.

But anyway ... just an introduction of sorts. Whatever nonsense I heard in my head to introduce and then launch into Ferocity And Fragility. And a few more tricks learned whilst mixing this in Logic all thrown together in a day.





---




... actual website under construction but coming soon ...

No comments: