Tuesday, March 10, 2009

core audio.

So tonight I was mixing one of the first tracks I recorded in Logic and kept getting the audio overload. Hmm, so I froze the bulk of the tracks which freed up 90% of my system resources (BTW, Activity Monitor on a Mac is wonderful though Logic also has its own CPU and disk I/O meters) and all was well, but ... I was still curious as I have other songs with loads more tracks and do not get an audio error so I took a peek at the Audio Object layer in the Environment to find (much to my surprise) – forty-eight instrument tracks, two aux sends, eight busses, and two master objects (monitor and fader). Most of them obviously unused on this arrangement, but that was the default setup for Logic when I first installed it and I had not tweaked it yet before tracking this song.

Fortunately, Logic provides an easy way to select all unused objects and delete them which is what I promptly did. But admittedly it looked really cool with a screen full of faders.

No comments: