Saturday, April 11, 2009

a slight farewell.


On a walk last evening a bit after sunset, before the clouds closed in and I could still see the western sky, I saw Orion lying low near the horizon about to set and with this song on headphones gave him my own farewell until next autumn when skies grow paler and the weather turns cold.

I am of course excited for Spring and climbing and working outside on my house and summer evenings sitting on my porch after long days summer breezes getting out to the mountains to places I have never been and also to places I have visited and seem like home and flipflops cotton shorts and shirtsleeves windows down in the car and windows open in the house as the neighborhood quiets down and watching the various bulbs I planted last autumn bloom and surprise me as I have forgotten what I have all planted and biking to work and from work especially in the afternoon when it is nice and warm out and longer days and lying in the grass after a particularly good run and perhaps garage sales and swimming in mountain lakes always freezing cold but refreshing more than almost anything and wearing sunglasses and Simply Lemonade in iced mugs straight out of the freezer maybe a good cliff somewhere for jumping from and working on the inside of my house real honest work that makes me sweat and swear but is satisfying all the same and other things maybe that will be unexpected or that I just cannot think of at the moment that makes the warmer months of the year perfect and what they are and by the time they begin to chill off I will be ready to again say hello to my friend in the sky.

So farewell for now in case I do not see you again until October ....

No comments: