Tuesday, April 28, 2009

substance.


So after building that template I have begun to populate it with, well, an actual song that I sort of came up with the other night and have been going over in my head for a few days now. I started with a simple drum line – hi hat, then added the kick, then the snare and looped them all (for now). On top of that a pretty simple guitar line for now with some nice effects (namely, a fairly distorted sound routed through the Guitar Amp Pro plug-in and some tremelo). For a little more substance (albeit somewhat thin at the moment) I layered in a synth, then a bass line and an arpeggiated piano riff in the upper register. I am just looping the twenty bars I have right now, thinking of other things to add while I am stuck in my living room for the time being with an eighty-eight key controller and Logic.
In time I notice my intentions fail
and science turns its gaze to mine and I have no explanation why
this time it seems to close its hand and I drown
in fear of space I cannot define you here
on my mind

No comments: