Tuesday, April 14, 2009

template.

So after a couple of months of getting up to speed in Logic, I finally sat down tonight to put together a master template file that includes a drum kit, piano, bass, guitar and a synth – all setup and leveled and panned and effected ready to record. This will be my first real stab at serious multi-track work with my G4 and – as is apparent in the screenshot – the CPU meter for one of the processors hovers at around the 50% mark even when idling and then revs to overdrive when I play the grand piano sample (all other samplers do not invoke the same CPU-melting power evidently) so I may have to record the piano track(s) in a separate file and then copy them into this template (assuming they will play back, but tracks already recorded can be frozen or bounced to help out the CPUs). I will also test this on my Powerbook to see if the results are any better (only one CPU but 50% faster).

No comments: