Thursday, September 11, 2008

idea #1.

Found this on page 59 of the Updating Classic America Bungalows book (which, coincidentally, I discovered tonight that I already in fact owned, and it was perched on top of my mantle next to another Bungalow idea book and I had already dog-eared this page) ~

I already had planned on basically this same idea for my final kitchen remodel when I rip out a wall and move a bathroom and the laundry area against the north wall. In the sketches I did last year, I've put the laundry appliances in a closet (just like this, which is also in the kitchen – keeping the homeowners from having to troop down to the basement or some other less pleasant area of the house to do the laundry), so the real find from this photo are the three, 5-panel doors (which are similar, but not totally, like the ones I bought for my entire house earlier this year) on the track and also the trim.

This will be almost identical to what I'll be doing now, except I'll paint the trim and doors white. Though this is still a few years down the road – much to do before gutting the back of my house, cooking on a backpacking stove and washing dishes in a bathroom or darkroom sink.

2 comments:

Katie Roses said...

Are the doors you speak of the ones that fell out of the truck?
I'll be your house looks (and will look) amazing.

thom said...

Um, yeah. Good thing you remembered that little bit. And thanks, I hope so :)