Tuesday, September 2, 2008

shoulder season.

Totally my favourite time to hike. So I'm compiling a list here of what I want to accomplish in the next 5-6 weeks before winter starts to set in up in the mountains ~
  • Climb Vesper Peak with Matthew in the Monte Cristo area of the North Cascades
  • Go back and climb Sahale Peak John Muir style (or so I'm calling it, which to me means with very little proper equipment and rather just making a go of it)
  • Four days of backpacking with my older brother in the granite-peak-infested Wind River range of Wyoming
  • Backpack to The Enchantments during larch season
  • Thru-hike from Cutthroat Lake to Harts Pass in the Pasayten Wilderness Area of the North Cascades during larch season
I plan on cashing in all of my year's remaining vacation time to accomplish this, and I hope work accommodates with a schedule that isn't too terribly busy. And since I've vowed never again to backpack with the ungodly Mamiya setup, I may have to dust off my trusty Ciroflex and pull some rolls of FP4+ out of the fridge.

Here's to autumn ....

1 comment:

Mark said...

Unfortunately in this great hiking season I have to go to China for 12 days, starting next week. But when I get back I am hoping for an Enchantments, one nighter or day thru hike for the larch!