Saturday, May 2, 2009

I carry my thoughts with me for a long time, often a very long time, before writing them down ... I change many things, discard others and try again and again until I am satisfied; then, in my head, I begin to elaborate the work and its breadth, its narrowness, its height, its depth, and because I am aware of what I want to do, the underlying idea never deserts me, and there remains for me nothing but the labor of writing it down, which is quickly accomplished when I have the time, for I sometimes take up other work, but never to the confusion of one with the other.
~ L.v.B.

2 comments:

Katie Roses said...

1.) This post needs a title.
2.) I am incoporating this quote into my next project.

thom said...

1) I could not think of anything that did it justice.
2) I am sure it will turn out despite apparent hardships.