Friday, May 22, 2009

spyder.

I am so not a car person in any sense but went out to lunch with a friend of mine and he handed me the keys to his '03 Mazerati Spyder convertible and asked if I wanted to drive. Uh, sure – since it was about seventy and sunny and my day had started out pretty brutally so maybe a little spin would help. He said it was therapeutic.

And why, yes it was! The shifters are paddles attached to the steering column (rightside up, leftside down), no clutch – apparently only one of two cars in the world like this (and he knows cars, just I don't). And it has just a little bit of torque. I got the hang of it fairly quickly, and we took the scenic way back to the office.

Now – much refreshed – I am looking forward to another bikeride home on a beautiful Friday afternoon to kick off the long weekend.

3 comments:

Shura said...

utterly unfair. glad you enjoyed it though.

Katie Roses said...

I won't tell Oliver.

thom said...

Thanks - that's my plan as well.