Tuesday, May 26, 2009

the north cascades.

In my search for our next intended climb of the north face of Mt. Maude (north faces seem to be the theme this year which will no doubt prove exciting, as Maude's looks – well – somewhat intimidating), I found this image. And I liked it, even if it is a little dark. I think it is of Forbidden's east ridge but am not sure.

Regardless, it is timeless and is the epitome of the North Cascades. There are no mountains anywhere like them, and the lone climber's silhouette set against the glacier behind is why. You could explore for aeons and never discover everything this range has to offer as this photo seems to suggest (at least to me).

I am excited and nervous at the same time about climbing Maude – it should prove to be a somewhat challenging day out.

*** update: I believe that is actually Boston Peak and Sahale at far right, so the Boston Glacier in front of it. This guy would have been on Forbidden then, likely.

No comments: