Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the one that got away.

And to think I was just about to head off to bed when this song came to me and so I rebooted my Mac and fired up Logic to figure out the chord progression and it is quite awesome in B♭minor and I quick scrawled down some lyrics that maybe I have used part of before I am not sure right now but I will look into it typing furiously after recording a few bits my playing horribly sloppy but just so it hasn't escaped me when I wake up tomorrow something like
I silently staggered under the stars
among the covers I tried to hide
until one day I woke up to find
you were the one that got away
and it starts out I think just an acoustic guitar strumming away somewhat furiously the time signature is 3/4 and the tempo is something like 140 bpm which is quite fast and I am becoming more used to the entirely different sensation of listening to my own playing while not playing so I can concentrate more on what was played but anyways that is at least how I have recorded it for now which I can change later if needed but it just builds and builds for most of the song these huge chords until the end when those lyrics come in and then overdriven far beyond clipping two guitars furious arpeggios on one the other furious chords the acoustic still strumming away a low bass line arpeggiated drums furious too cymbal crashes on the downbeat of every other bar (not sure about an enormous piano line yet but probably if anything sitting off in the mix arpeggios up high in the treble) until it just ends and the overdriven guitars are left to pan back and forth out of sync with each other until they are cut off by a mute to the master fader and that is that.

No comments: